Brad Knechtel Phone: (815) 578-9352 E-mail: Brad.Knechtel@me.com
Formally trained, certified, and expert in Supply Chain Operations having more than 25 consecutive years practice in the field. My primary competencies include:
– Finished Goods Production
– Sub-assembly operations
– Warehouse Management
– Customer Order Fulfillment
– QA, Quality Systems
– Organization and Business Development
– Source, Qualify, and Procure
– Continual Improvement
– Financial Planning and Cash Management
– Trade and Regulatory Compliance
– Transportation Management
– 2012-present Vice PresidentSupply Chain
Hopkins Manufacturing Corp.(An ONEX Company), Manufacturer and Distributor
· Corporate Leader of Supply Chain Operations for 5 plants and 7 Distribution Centers including 3PL’s and a sourcing, traffic, and quality office in China.
· Directly accountable for 10 assembly and final assembly lines and 6 production work cells
· The plant runs 34 plastic injection-molding machines across 3 shifts, seven days per week.
· Personally developed and sustained a supply base having more than 100 suppliers.
· The champion of new supplier qualification process and author of Supplier Business Principles.
· Supply lead for New Product Introduction (NPI) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
· $105M average annual inventory of high volume, fast moving consumer packaged goods.
· $2.5M annual transportation spend across all transportation modes.
· 5 direct reports and 200+ indirect workforce spanning all Operations disciplines.
· Business Process Owner for Corporate Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
· Customer base includes big box retailers, grocery and c-stores, re-sellers, OEM’s, and e-commerce.
· KPI’s include PPV, OTD, FR, Freight:Sales, E&O, cash:cash, inventory turns, & operating budget.
· Transitioned MS Excel supply planning to an integrated demand and supply planning system to reach 97% on time delivery, improve perfect shipments, and reduced days inventory outstanding.
· Centralized disparate multi-site Logistics, Regulatory and Trade Compliance
· Responsible for FDA Drug compliance
2009-12 Supply Chain Consultant
SCOpsconsultant.com, Independent Supply Chain Operations Consultant
· Liaisonbetween local businesses, US Department of Commerce, and the LAS FTZ 089 Grantee.
· Vice PresidentOperations, contract to develop and deploy post-acquisition plans Duchossois.
– Authored 3-phase restructure plan to enable $1.5M annual supply chain savings.
– Initiated demand planning (SI&OP) for $110M revenue to existing kanban supply planning.
– Leader for consolidating and US and Canadian distribution operations.
– Space optimized 20 weekly China FCL shipments for LTL and FTL shipments to >5K stores.
– Architected MS NAV – SAP/PkMS WMS integration that reduced transactions and complexity.
2006-09 EVP Supply Chain
Richardson Electronics, OEM and worldwide electronic component distributor
CEO direct report -leader of Fulfillment and Customer Order Management, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Quality, and Facilities
· Authored supply chain restructure plan that enabled a $400M division sale to Arrow Electronics.
· Re-architected fulfillment into 3 DC’s and 22 warehouse locations. 2 DC’s contracted to 3PL’s.
· Fiscal accountability for $100M inventory and $24M annual indirect spend on logistics.
· Initiated Sales & Operation Planning to synchronize supply to a $650M USD sales plan.
– Integrated Product Lifecycle Maintenance to reduce slow moving and obsolete inventory.
– Reduced inventory capital investment by >15% while increasing inventory turns >10%.
· Staff of 7 direct and 160 indirect globally dispersed matrix managed supply chain employees.
· Continually increased utilization of PeopleSoft 9.1 ERP functionality.
· Sustained ISO 13485, 9001 QS certifications and initiated ISO 14001 and AS 9100 certification.
· Consolidated transportation providers for a 25% annual freight spend savings.
· Managed worldwide 56 property portfolio including the HQ campus.
2003-06 Supply Chain Director (contract)
Knowles Electronics,(A Dover Company), OEM of micro-electromechanical components
Lived in China to deploy and develop start-up supply chain organization and source new supply base
· Established supply base and logistics throughout Asia:
– Silicon wafer processing in China
– Resistive base CM in Taiwan
– PCBA CM in Taiwan and China
– 3PL in China and Singapore
– EMS SMT in Malaysia, China, and Taiwan
– Machining in Malaysia
· Recruited and trained 30 Fulfillment, Inventory Planning, and Purchasing employees.
· Continual increased utilization of Oracle 4.1 ERP system functionality.
· Administered $180M annual spend for electrical, metal, plastic, mechanical fabrication.
· Exceeded FY 25% spend cost down targets through low cost region sourcing and new PO terms.
· Attained ISO 9002, 14001, and RoHS compliance during the 1st-year of start-up operations.
· Improved cash flow by consign materials, VMI, kanban replenishment and favorable INCO terms.
· As Corporate Trade and Compliance Officerimplemented global compliance programs, including :
– Free Trade Zone operations and enabling three pioneer status tax exemption schemes.
– Deployed and maintained FDA cGMP compliant operations
1995-20003 Supply Chain Director
3COM, a CPG and commercial equipment manufacturer
Lived in Ireland then Singapore to deploy and develop new Completion and Fulfillment Centers.
· Profit and Loss (P&L) accountability for Integration Services for Europe and Asia.
· Recruited and trained 60 Fulfillment, inventory Planning, Purchasing, and Quality employees.
· Ramped operations from $0 to $160M annual revenue in product sales throughout Europe and Asia.
· Reduced operating expense as a % of revenue by 26% through local source supplies and services.
· Implemented SAP R/3 3.1 ERP and continually increased utilization of the system.
· Improved quality through TQM, supplier on-site representatives and out-going inspections.
· Contracted 3PLs for warehousing, distribution, freight, and reverse logistic service hubs.
As Product Managerintroduced high density PCBA to high volume SMT manufacturing
As Test Engineerdeveloped network and networking product QA manufacturing tests
1985-2012 US Army Commissioned Officer
· Pilot/Logistics Officer
· MT, Technology (studies), GSC
· Aviation Logistician Certification, US DoD
· BS, Aerospace Engineering
· Masters Cannabis Certificate, Cannabis Training University