Benjamin D. Davis
902 Silver Falls Road
Objective: Award winning chemical engineer with analytical equipment and practical industrial experience seeks a challenging and rewarding position with industrial firm.
Phylosciences Longview, TX 08/18-Present
Intern Engineering Advisor/Contractor
· Created product localization guidelines for usage of a new Canadian agricultural product for the United States.
· Did comparative cost analysis of a new agricultural product versus current agricultural supplement providers in the marketplace so as to be competitive price wise.
· Helped create the infrastructure for the company while working with all facets of the company including upper management, sales, and suppliers.
Thar Process Pittsburgh, PA 11/09-08/18
Laboratory Technician – 11/09 – 11/10
R&D Scientist – 11/10 – 08/18
·Using small and large scale pilot plant systems, ran solvent free and co-solvent aided supercritical carbon dioxide extractions of various materials to produce defatted consumer products as well as beneficial oil extracts containing a variety of pharmaceutical applications.
·Collected, analyzed, and documented trial data in order to analyze possible experimental trends and how they reflect upon current process theory.
·Prepared customer reports documenting process equipment, testing, results and result trends, and recommendations for trial direction.
·Prepared research papers on possible new products that compared the effectiveness of supercritical fluid extraction to older technologies, such as soxhlet or soxtec extraction, for extraction of oil as well as nutraceutical side products.
· Was hands on with system modifications for new experiments along with troubleshooting and repairing equipment malfunctions, limiting company downtime.
·Prepared and ran all internal analytical testing for nutraceutical products for tolling quality assurance/quality control as well as managed external analytical reports for company R&D projects.
· Wrote the first tolling documentation data information sheets that summarized tolling operations, procedural steps, and day-to-day operational status updates along with developing material tracking and storage accountability logs.
· Contacted companies for equipment quotes for laboratory improvements as well as full scale tolling operations.
·Handled all material and sample preparation for trial runs and sample shipments.
·Worked directly under the vice-president of research and development for all projects.
MetoKote Corporation Lima, Ohio 7/07-8/08
· Proactively tracked pretreatment and paint process variable data from PPG, Henkel, and Sherwin Williams’s supplier trip reports to prevent quality deviations for over 40 facilities across the globe.
· Visited plant facilities for onsite audits, root cause analysis of problems, troubleshooting assistance, and training for electrocoat, powder, and liquid spray paint lines.
·Researched new environmental technologies in order to prolong alkaline cleaner bath life, increase water conservation, and reduce overall plant costs.
·Oversaw and assisted with “Clean and Fill Operations”, or rigorous acidic/basic tank cleaning and new bath preparations for electrocoat paint systems.
·Completed PPG Knowledge college training courses for paint pretreatment, electrocoat paint, powder spray paint, and liquid spray paint.
Engelhard/BASF Erie, Pennsylvania 6/06-6/07
Production Engineer (Contract)
·Tracked daily process variable data and perform root cause analysis for quality deviations for the Nickel Raney, Copper Chrome, Maleic Anhydride, Sphere Production, Sphere Impregnation, and Tableting facilities.
·Assisted in managing 30 operators across the entire facility.
·Performed process troubleshooting on plant equipment to improve production times, improve worker safety, and decrease city and federal imposed environmental penalties.
·Did process scale down experiments in order to better educate equipment function and repair as well as system/part replacements.
·Was given a pivotal role in process automation documentation and document control for key plants across the facility.
Skilled with all Windows operating systems, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus notes, HPLC, IR, GC, ICM, PLC’s, and Proficient in speaking and reading Spanish.
Bachelor of Science Chemical Engineering, May 2003
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN
References available by request
Was the individual that worked to develop the extraction recipes of cannabanoids from industrial grade hemp. Has 8 years of experience working with super critical CO2 systems from pilot scale systems up to 300 L industrial systems. Has direct manufacturing experience with supercritical systems in a tolling environment.