2474 Kalmia Street ♦ Eugene, OR 97404 ♦ (541) 870-1351 ♦ email@example.com
MEDICAL SALES CONSULTANT
Expertise in Specialized Biotechnology Sales, Medical Business Development, Market Access, Reimbursement & Project Management
Award-winning Medical Consultant offering 13 years of progressive experience and a track record of consistently outperforming revenue goals, developing new business, new business models, reimbursement models, and launching new products and services in highly competitive markets. Recruited and promoted throughout entire career for exceeding all expectations in every position held. Aggressively pursues key accounts, captures significant portion of market share and thinks outside the box in creating efficient and effective solutions in project management. Leverages vast product, marketplace awareness, and procedural and logistical knowledge to serve as a valuable clinical expert and business consultant for physicians and organizations. Effectively develops networks of key-opinion thought-leaders to champion company products and services to mass audiences. Polished communicator who can customize conversations to specific customer requirements. Able to access and influence key decision-makers.
► Access & Reimbursement Management ► Strategic Business Planning ► New Business Development
► Sales Cycle Management ► Customer Service & Retention ► Project Management
► Contract Management & Negotiations ► New Product Marketing & Launch ► Market Positioning & Analysis
► Sales Forecasting & Trend Analysis ► New Market Penetration ► Staff Training & Development
► Team Building / Management ► Internet Marketing & Ecommerce ► Territory Management
► Public Relations & Event Planning ► Strategizing within Emerging Markets ► Brand Management
► Presentations & Public Speaking ► Cost / Benefit Analysis ► Budget Management
TRAVIS SPECIALTY CONSULTANTS, INC., Eugene, OR 2014 – Present
President & CEO
Currently a private medical consultant to the pharmaceutical, medical device and specialty pharmacy industries, specializing in competitive intelligence, efficiency and effectiveness models, sales force design and management, access and reimbursement, mergers and acquisitions, project management and franchise development. Worked with several Fortune 100 and 500 companies on highly confidential projects that contributed to reaching and exceeding the target goals of the organizations and their stakeholders.
• Increased national monthly sales from $1 million per month to $20 million per month in just 18 months.
• Created and managed a successful team of Clinical Consultants to penetrate new markets and generate over $4 million in sales per month within 1 year.
• Originated, closed and piloted a national partnership that increased client’s revenue by 20%, significantly increased patient’s access-to-care (500+ patients served to-date) and secured several 340B contracts since the program’s inception of Spring of 2016.
• Created a franchise specifically dedicated to reimbursement and pull through, which led to the highest approval rates, appeal approvals, and approval turn-around times in the industry, currently, and provides a continuity of care that has resulted in SVR rates higher than the national average.
GILEAD SCIENCES, INC., Foster City, CA 2013 – 2014
Clinical Sales Specialist (Virology, Hepatology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease)
Recruited for a 3-phase launch of Sovaldi, Harvoni and Epclusa, the “Holy Grail” of Hepatitis C treatment, targeting Gastroenterologists, Hepatologists, Primary Care Providers, VA’s and Public Health Systems. Successfully managed a large, 3-State territory and quickly gained brand-loyalty by prescribing physicians and key-opinion though-leaders against aggressive and well-respected competition with a significant price-point and, therefore, formulary advantage. Overcame significant public and private criticism and pushback due to cost of therapy. Held several leadership positions within teams at all levels, including Team Trainer, Regional Trainer, Marketing Advisory Board and Regional and National Director’s Board. Oversaw annual budget of $150,000.
• Top 10% performer within the first quarter, post-launch, and remained there during entire tenure.
• Lead region in speaker programs every quarter and was top 5 in the nation during entire tenure.
• Left in October of 2014 ranked #5 overall and in contention for President’s Club.
QUESTCOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC., Hayward, CA 2012 – 2013
Biologics Clinical Specialist (Neurology)
Recruited to re-launch Acthar, an injectable biologic for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis and Infantile Spasm in an extremely challenging, ultra-orphan drug market with significant reimbursement challenges. Managed Oregon and Eastern Idaho and developed new willing providers with no previous knowledge, or who previously had a very negative perception of Acthar and/or Questcor as an organization. Served as the Regional Compliance Specialist and Regional Expense and Reimbursement Specialist for the Western Region.
• 100% to-plan for MS goal in Q4 of 2012, having only been in the field for 1 month of the quarter.
• 200% to-plan for IS goal in Q4 of 2012, having only been in the field for 1 month of the quarter.
• Booked 13 HCP and Patient Speaker Programs for Q1, utilizing 3 different national key-opinion thought-leaders.
GENENTECH, INC., South San Francisco, CA 2005 – 2012
Senior Clinical Sales Specialist (Virology, Hepatology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease)
Recruited to develop sales and lead consulting activities for Pegasys and Copegus, a combined therapy for the treatment of Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C / HIV Co-infection against a well-respected and aggressive competitor. Managed territory in Southern Oregon and developed new accounts with clients that included Hepatologists, Gastroenterologists, Primary Care Physicians, Oregon Department of Corrections, and VA Hospitals. Oversaw annual budget of $75,000. Assumed additional leadership role as a Regional and National Advisory Board member, Clinical Trainer, Analytics Advisor and Market Advisor.
• Captured the #1 market share of 95% out of 165 reps nationwide for Pegasys and Copegus within 2 years of taking over territory that had previously held only 70% of market share.
• Won President’s Club Award (top 5% of sales force) in 2006, 2007, and 2010.
• Recipient of several Special Achievement Awards for work above and beyond the call of duty in Virology.
• Increased sales volume by 17% by identifying, training, and developing 3 federally qualified clinics to become successful Hepatitis C virus treatment clinics.
• Placed Pegasys on formulary with the Oregon State Penitentiary after year-long negotiations, which became the penitentiary’s exclusively preferred pegylated interferon of choice.
• Established the Southern Oregon Gut Club to bring providers together on a quarterly basis at 9 locations statewide for presentations by Dr. Atif Zaman of the Oregon Health Sciences University on liver disease.
• Persuaded a provider who was a key opinion leader for main competitor (Peg-Intron) to convert to Pegasys.
• Selected for fast-track management program during 2nd year of tenure.
TAP PHARMACEUTICALS, INC., Deerfield, IL 2003 – 2005
Metabolic Specialty Sales Representative (Gastroenterology & Primary Care) (2005)
Promoted to launch Prevacid injectables and capsules throughout the entire Oregon territory. Built relationships with rheumatologists and hospitals to develop accounts for product used in the treatment of gout. Worked collaboratively with senior leadership in developing comprehensive business plan for new product’s launch as well as creating and defining product branding.
• Grew market share of product’s newly injectable version by more than 43% within 8 months.
• Became the youngest primary care represented in history of company to be promoted to this specialized and highly respected position.
Senior Sales Representative (2003 – 2005)
Developed relationships with Gastroenterologists, Primary Care Physicians, hospitals, and pharmacies to promote the sale of a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) in a very saturated and competitive market throughout the Southern Oregon territory. Leveraged strong clinical knowledge and expert selling skills to position company’s product as the leading PPI in territory against 5 well-entrenched competitors, one of which was generic and another that had a superiority claim. Prepared a daily plan of action, managed marketing materials, and developed business plans for territory. Utilized national thought leaders to speak to customers. Took on role of Division Trainer accountable for training new sales reps.
• Ranked #1 out of 16 divisional reps after first quarter of employment.
• Honored with the Silver Spur Award in 2003 and 2004 for ranking as the district’s #1 sales rep.
• Nominated by peers and won the Monster Detailer Award in 2004 as the best detailing representative.
• Achieved 100% conversion rate during hospital launch of Prevacid injectables and Solutab.
• Led a weekly conference call on “outside-the-box marketing” to present creative ideas on how to gain entry to difficult-to-access clinics and providers and how to effectively sell to providers.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA
M.B.A., Business Administration, 3.8 G.P.A.
Northwest Christian University, Eugene, OR
B.A., Business Management, 3.9 G.P.A.
Emerging Manager’s Training, Genentech, Inc.
Servant Leadership Certification, Gonzaga University’s Professional School of Studies
Organizational Leadership Certification, Gonzaga University’s Professional School of Studies
Comments on Toby: “Of the many representatives that I have been in contact with, I feel Mr. Travis is in the top 1%. He has always maintained a professional attitude and went the extra step for his company and colleagues. His work as a Clinical Specialist in the field of liver disease and hepatitis C infection has been stellar. His commitment to the providers and patients that he serves is bottomless.” ~ Atif Zaman, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Director of Clinical Hepatology at Oregon Health & Science School of Medicine.