Weird Science Labs, a cannabis co-packing and manufacturing company in west Berkeley, is currently seeking a full-time experienced Bookkeeper to join our growing team. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for performing daily accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger functions, as well as maintaining accounting systems, financial reports, client account reconciliations, and processing of weekly payrolls.
Although industry experience is not required, all candidates are encouraged to educate themselves about industry-specific regulations, tax implications, financial institution environment, etc.
In addition to keeping the books, you will also be responsible for some administrative tasks. This position has the potential to grow and change tremendously. We are in search of an ambitious, dedicated individual who can grow with us and who will become equally as passionate about this dynamic and fun but sometimes challenging industry!
Bookkeeper Roles and Responsibilities
· Daily sync and reconciliation between various systems, including but not limited to Gusto, Xero, Quickbooks Online, and Fishbowl Manufacturing.
· Daily entry and maintenance of Accounts Payable invoices and other records
· Daily processing of Accounts Receivable and follow up on past-due invoices as needed
· Daily entry of both cash and check receipts and updating of customer account balances
· Maintain cash ledger and petty cash accounts, monitor bank account balance and make transfers as needed.
· Weekly cash reconciliation and forecasting
· Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
Administrative Roles and Responsibilities
· Daily interaction and scheduling of all 3rd party couriers
· Intake of all visitors and temporary staff
· Vendor Management; intake all vendor deliveries and reconcile contents with manifest
· Purchasing of office supplies/equipment
· METRC assistance when needed
· Maintain HR files/New Hire packets and orientation
· Organize company events/travel
· Must be 21 or over to be considered for this position
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
· 1-2 years of hands-on Accounting experience
· Proficient in QuickBooks Online or Xero and Microsoft Excel, Google sheets, Smartsheets a plus. Experience with Fishbowl Manufacturing software also a big plus; ability to quickly learn other software platforms
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with direct client interaction
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively manage competing priorities
· Strict attention to detail; highly organized and efficient
· Must be weird
· Must love science
LOOKING FOR DELIVERY DRIVERS AND DISPATCHERS (CUSTOMER SERVICE) Please review job description below: We are seeking a Delivery Driver to join...Apply For This Job