The primary role of the the Director of Sales (“SAM”) is to effectively manage and cultivate their assigned National Enterprise Accounts based in the U.S. (“Enterprise Accounts”) identifying and closing new Opportunities, driving Add-Ons to current customers and building a sustainable recurring revenue model. It is incumbent upon the SAM to retire their quarterly and annualized Total Contact Value (TCV) Quota.
Your responsibilities and job dudes include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. You will deal with customers, partners, and urban-gro (UG) employees in an ethical, honest, courteous and professional manner
2. “Side deals” are strictly forbidden. A side deal is a verbal or written (e-mail, etc.) arrangement with a customer promising products or services which have not been documented in UG’s Service/Product Catalog, Master Agreement (MA) & respective Order Form(s)
3. Vigorously work to retire quarterly and annualized TCV goals. This includes but not limited to independently prospecting, building a robust Pipeline (3X of your annualized TCV Quota) cultivating Enterprise Accounts, developing and closing TCV, identifying “On-ramps”, building a sustainable eco-system and identifying marketing levers that resonate with Enterprise Accounts, etc.
4. Timely response to customer inquiries, phone calls and e-mails. These should be responded to as quickly as possible, with a maximum of 1 business day to respond
5. The SAM is expected to maintain a minimum of 50 percent Quota attainment for any trailing 120-day period (excluding initial 90-days after hire date)
6. Weekly update of Salesforce.com (SFDC), including all meetings and scheduled calls with customers, new prospects added, sales stages and status notes for all opportunities, forecasts and commitments. Failure to update SFDC on a weekly basis may result in forfeiture of commissions, bonuses and MBO’s
7. All Opportunities must follow the UG Selling System while maintaining full Sales Operation compliance to ensure efficiency and effectiveness with UG which will ultimately achieve customer satisfaction
8. Facilitate transition from a “Closed Won” opportunity to support and operations by working closely with the customer to ensure expectations are clear to the customer and UG. This includes involving the Account Manager (AM) within 48 hours of a “Closed Won”. This also requires taking diligent notes in SFDC to ensure a smooth transition to the support phase of our relationship with the customer
9. SAM’s are expected to meet the minimum requirements defined above, but the primary focus is Pipeline development and Quota attainment and retirement. It is ultimately the attainment of at least 80 percent of stated quarterly and annualized TCV Quota that must be met in order to be successful. If you are less than 50 percent of quota for any trailing 120-day period, you will potentially be given notice on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) with requirements to demonstrate improved performance going forward. Failure to meet these requirements may result in disciplinary action including, but not limited to, a reduction of pay, restrictions on leads/MQL’s received and possibly termination of your employment at UG.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Communication Proficiency (written and verbal).
2. Proven history of lead generation, appointments and closing opportunities over the phone and face to face.
3. Teamwork skills.
4. Leadership and Mentoring.
5. Customer Focus.
6. Strategic Thinking.
7. Results Driven.
8. Technical Capacity.
9. Self-motivated, with strong work ethic.
10. Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times.
The SAM is responsible for the management of staff and leading the sales efforts for their assigned Enterprise Accounts.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional
evening, weekend, and field work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires frequent travel, up to 50% of the time, to trade shows, events and customer locations.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field. At least 5-7 Years Sales leadership experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor &/or MBA degree or specialized
• National Accounts management experience
• Background in horticulture
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants in all Company facilities
without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy,
childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or
special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex
stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or
HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at
any time with or without notice.
Green Little Boxes is a packaging company in search of a dynamic, personable, driven, self starting rockstar to join our...Apply For This Job
M&F Talent has a client in sustainable crop management who is looking for a Regional Sales Representative. Our client is...Apply For This Job