Successful, state licensed Cannabis farm looking for an employee with the correct skill sets to help our business continue to succeed. Although this position is for a managerial position (we have 3 managers) the position requires no Cannabis cultivation skills. Instead this position requires skills to help the business run smoothly and profitably. The skills that are required for this position are:
1. Equipment operator (bobcat skid steer, mini ex, backhoe, dump truck). Along with operating the equipment, the applicant must be competent in servicing equipment and have the ability to do basic repairs.
2. Better then basic plumbing/irrigation knowledge. We use everything from ¼” to 4” lines.
3. Carpentry skills. Must be able to design and build small build outs.
4. Decent electrical understanding. We won’t be needing the applicant to wire up an entire home or anything, but we may need extra electrical outlets installed, or exhaust fans wired up.
5. Basic Animal husbandry skills is a plus, but not a requirement.
6. Fence building skills, or the ability to learn said skills.
7. Project planning and execution. i.e. make a material list, give cost estimate, execute plan.
8. Basic management skills. At any given time the applicant may have 1-5 people working directly under them.
9. Self motivated to identify problems, and fix problems.
10. Basic greenhouse experience is a plus. i.e. Working with wiggle wire, or light deprivation systems.
Along with the above requirements for the job there are a few other “common sense” requirements that I would like to list so all applicants will have a better understanding of the job.
The manager will have to have the drive to finish projects completely! After a project is finished, we expect all of the tools/materials/machines that were used to be put away and or serviced if need be.
The manager will have to be able to not only take direction(from either owners or other managers) but give direction to employees(or other managers) working with them.
The manager will NEED the ability to see issues and communicate those issues while also trying to handle issues before they become a problem.
Communication. There is always an open dialogue at our farm, your ability to use this openness will dictate your/our success.
This farm is not corporately owned. You will be working alongside BOTH the owners(husband and wife). That being said, we do not want to micromanage our managers. We want to provide a job that a skilled worker will thrive, and give the ability for financial growth as our company continues to grow.
We also employee every race, gender, and sexual orientation. If you have any biases working with people who are different then you, please do us all a favor and don’t apply!
Referrals are vitally important. We would like at least 3 referrals from previous employers. Also, we expect you to give notice to current employers if you are chosen for this position.
We will be starting face to face interviews around the 20th of February.
We are really excited to offer this position. This industry has had extreme high’s and lows over the past 4 years. Our farm has found its market share and is thriving. We are proud to offer high paying skilled jobs in our area. We look forward to filling this position with a hard working skilled employee who takes pride in farming.
• 3-5 years in progressively responsible retail experience, including at least three years in a management position (dispensary experience is...Apply For This Job
Looking for a key player in our team who is: Motivated and self starting Disciplined and can prioritize/delegate Can develop...Apply For This Job