Our client has accountants that are diversely intelligent and authentic individuals who are excited by the opportunity to shape the future of the cannabis market from within the finance and accounting department. As a member of this team, you’ll demonstrate your advanced knowledge of accounting principles and processes with a goal to ensure accurate and timely financial records and financial reports. This dynamic and developing market presents daily challenges, all of which will require your resourcefulness and innovation to efficiently resolve. Whether the accounting task requires great attention to detail, organization or dedication to meet deadlines, you’ll work autonomously and collaboratively to support most aspects of accounting management in a cost and time efficient manner.
As a Senior Staff Accountant, you will primarily be responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports including, financial statements, in compliance with official guidelines and requirements. You will play a key role in in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices as well as identifying and preventing discrepancies.
Client seeks to elevate and legitimize the cannabis industry by pioneering a new business ecosystem of global companies and brands and works to build leading cannabis companies that shape the future of the industry. Grupo Flor Accountants are strategic advisers to the business and work directly with cross functional senior business partners to shape their business by providing valuable financial analysis, complex financial reports, GAAP compliance and more, making the Finance and Accounting department an integral piece of Grupo Flor’s success.
· Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
· Maintain the integrity of accounting information in QuickBooks Enterprises.
· Understand complex transaction and compose Journal Entries to capture transaction detail.
· Support and participate in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
· Support and participate in the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports including, financial statements, in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
· Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly and/or annual closing
· Support and participate in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
· Support and participate in preparation for the annual audit
· Support and participate in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
· Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
· Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
· Demonstrate solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
· Demonstrate solid understanding of debits and credits
· Demonstrate excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
· Demonstrate solid understanding of data analysis and forecasting
· Demonstrate ability to analyze financial situations, put in a framework and solve for solutions and answers with a methodical systematic approach
· Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
· Proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprises
· Well-organized with ability to appropriately prioritize
· Professional and effective communication and interpersonal skills
· High attention to detail and problem-solving ability
· Ability to work well under stress
· Ability to help manage a diverse accounting team
· Dedication to meeting deadlines and putting in extra time when necessary
· Proficiency in Google Suites
· Authenticity – we care about the people with whom we work and the communities in which we live. We believe that clear communication builds a better world than suspicion, and that transparency is the key to building trust and confidence in all that we do.
· Resourcefulness – we seek individuals that are adaptive and creative, finding joy in connecting assets and ideas in novel ways that are not immediately apparent to others.
· Innovation – we seek individuals that are excited to not only work in a new industry, but to create one.
· Very competitive salary structure
· Health insurance
· Unlimited sick and vacation days
· Opportunity to work with an exciting, quickly-growing start-up in an emerging industry
Tagged as: accounting
MJ Social Equity is a unique program to fast-track qualified applicants into the booming L.A. cannabis industry. Our Offer:Up to...Apply For This Job