Our client in London ON is looking for a Project Manager to join their growing team, this is a permanent full-time position. As the Commercial Project Manager, you will oversee the product commercialization process for the full organization. This includes facilitating product commercialization and gate approval meetings with the leadership team and driving continuous improvement in the way new product launches are executed to meet the targets and objectives.
This position competes within a dynamic environment and its commercialization agenda must be able to react quickly to changing customer, consumer and internal needs. As a result, the category project portfolio covers a broad array of long term strategic and short-term tactical initiatives. This individual will interface extensively with key stakeholders of all levels of leadership and across multiple functions including Marketing, Sales, R&D, Finance, and all functions within supply chain to deliver projects on time and within cost and quality parameters.
• Oversee and manage the end-to-end execution of medium to high complexity projects. Manage cross-functional stakeholders to collect their inputs and commitments to deliver on time innovation and renovation projects.
• Facilitate project kick off meetings with functional stakeholders and put in place best practice guidelines for defining project scope, timeline, complexity, and resource needs impacting launch feasibility.
• Facilitate weekly site meetings to enable discussion on new product commercialization readiness and secure approval to progress gates.
• Drive the implementation of line extension pipeline and management tools to ensure all critical projects are properly classified, scoped and relevant assumptions are properly defined, documented, and communicated to stakeholders.
• Own and manage multi work-stream timelines through the project lifecycle, collaborating with working groups and budget owners to facilitate delivery of overall projects on time.
• Lead cross-functional operational teams in the execution of strategic and highly complex projects to meet revenue, volume, growth, productivity and quality goals and priorities across multiple business units.
• Engage the Project Commercialization team in continuously assess opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the product commercialization.
• Lead cross functional team deep dives to identify and address process inefficiencies. Employ standardized PDCA and root causes analysis frameworks to identify the key issues, develop detailed project plans and impactful solutions to be communicated to senior stakeholders.
• Leverage change management best practices to drive implementation of new processes and facilitate cross functional buy-in from stakeholders of all levels.
• Leadership and support for continuous improvement initiatives and projects.
• Participates in other Supply Chain projects and listings process as required. • Foster Vendor Relationships (e.g. print, agency, operations, etc).
• Extensive project management knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree required (accounting/finance, marketing, logistics, engineering, quality, operations).
• Minimum 5 years’ experience.
• Competence: Organization skills with high attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast‐paced environment and manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously necessary.
• Collaboration: Experience in getting teams together, identifying new processes, procedures, and driving change within an organization.
• Project Coordinator certification, or working towards CAPM® designation is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse professional backgrounds.
• Computer literacy and advanced Excel skills required. Experience with project planning software (e.g. Smartsheet, MS Project) preferred.
• Strong and competent decision-making: assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.