Inventory & METRC Administrator:
The Inventory & METRC Administrator (IMA) will work to ensure that all cannabis, from incoming clones to finished products and waste, is accounted for, tagged, tracked, and recorded in METRC in accordance with standards and regulations governing the legal California cannabis industry. The IMA is responsible for ensuring compliant METRC operations. The IMA is required to identify needs, delegate internally, and take initiative as needed to maintain METRC compliance.
• Experience using METRC in more than one license type or more than one regulated state
• Experience integrating third-party software with METRC
• Experience conducting inventory auditing and reconciliation, especially in a cultivation, processing, and/or manufacturing setting
• Knowledge of CA cannabis industry regulations or a demonstrated ability to learn and understand state cannabis industry regulations
• Experience creating and implementing SOPs
• Knowledge of office administration practices and procedures
• Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, with a high level of proficiency in Excel
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
• Demonstrated autonomy – ability to identify problems and take initiative to solve them independently
• Ability to consistently maintain standards, accuracy, safety, and communication while working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong mathematical ability
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be at least 21 years of age to work in a licensed cannabis facility
• A degree in agriculture/data science/or other related field is preferred
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Maintain cannabis inventory tracking and METRC processes via collaboration with department heads: nursery, flowering, harvesting, processing, drying, packaging, and sale.
• Identify changes in regulations requiring improvements to SOPs on METRC operations.
• Responsible for tagging, labeling, weighing, and counting functions, as well as delegating these tasks to other employees and ensuring their accurate completion.
• Send/receive/reject incoming/outgoing transfers and inventory, including samples for R&D and COA testing.
• Manage inventory tracking for all licenses including any necessary investigations.
• Create CSV files for data reporting ensuring accuracy and timeliness of submission to regulators.
• Create, manage, and review all outgoing METRC Transfers, ensuring complete accuracy with the manifest and sales order/invoice for all sold product.
• Maintain all required physical copies of METRC Transfers, manifests, sales orders/invoices, weighmaster certificates, licenses, etc.
• Create sales orders and follow up with buyers to ensure they are paid on time.
• Communicate with operations team regarding farm operational functions relative to METRC.
• Complete nightly review for all Planted, Harvested, Manicured, or Destroyed plants in METRC and update accordingly.
• Follow established procedures for creating packages when necessary and applying physical and virtual tags to those packages.
• Complete nightly review for all Packages in METRC and update accordingly.
• Support Accounting and Operations departments in maintaining a physical and systematic record of all Cutting, Planting, Manicuring, Harvest events and Packages therefrom.
• Work cross-functionally with operations and leadership to inform and stay abreast of compliance implementation and accuracy.
• Manage METRC tag inventory and order new tags and all METRC related product inventory as needed.
• Administrative support ranging from updating sales sheets, taking photos of harvested product, coordination of R&D testing, managing cultivation related product inventory, etc.
• Cultivation specific data retention regarding flowering cycles, cultivation plans and breeds, taking photos and documenting plant dates, flip dates, harvest dates, etc.
Tagging cannabis is a labor-intensive process requiring several workers – the IMA will be responsible for delegating tagging tasks to employees and ensuring accurate completion and that compliance is maintained throughout the process.
This job operates on a commercial outdoor cannabis farm outside of Woodland, CA. Job responsibilities will require both inside office work and work outside in/out of greenhouses, around cannabis plants, and with other employees. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers, as well as specialized equipment such as scales, RFID readers, and label printers. Temperatures and conditions on the farm vary with the weather and seasons and appropriate clothing/footwear/PPE is essential. Employees will be exposed to fresh cannabis plants, and cannabis plant material. They will also be subject to loud noise from fans, pumps, and motors.
The ideal candidate will be punctual, extremely detail-oriented, willing to adapt and evolve with the role, and must be extremely trustworthy. This role is a full-time, on-site position. Shifts typically stay in the range of 8 hours, 5 days per week (Monday – Friday). Some weekend and holiday shifts may be occasionally required.