Mammoth is the leading cannabis manufacturing, distribution, and branding company in California.
The Director of Supply Chain manages all aspects of purchasing, production planning and scheduling, inventory, shipping and receiving; designs and executes strategies and plans to meet company’s short-term and long-term supply chain management/production control requirements. Examines existing procedures and looks for opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Directs the movement, storage or processing of inventory.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 4-year degree preferred
* Minimum of 5-7 years production control/supply chain management experience
* Experience with purchasing, expediting, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices and relevant software applications
* Manage all supply chain activities from both the strategic and tactical perspective.
* Design, implement and manage a fully functional supply chain management/production control infrastructure.
* Plan, organize, or manage the work of direct (and indirect) reports to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
* Control all related inventory.
* Manage forecasting.
* Manage production planning and scheduling.
* Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing, or receiving.
* Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
* Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
* Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
* Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
* Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
* Develop and implement policies and procedures for logistics activities.
* Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
* Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
* Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, environmental policies, or government regulations.
* Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
* Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
* Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
* Plan or implement energy saving changes to transportation services, such as reducing routes, optimizing capacities, employing alternate modes of transportation, or minimizing idling.
* Direct staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment, vehicles, or facilities.
* Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as hazardous material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement, or computer use.
* Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Excellent verbal and written communication and comprehension skills
* Strategic thinking
* Business acumen
* Knowledge of general business financials and management of financial resources
* Problem assessment and solution ability- identifies problems, determines possible remedies, determines the best solution for the business and implements corrective action
* Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
* General business administration and management
* Customer service
* Production and processing
* Complex problem solving, good judgement and decision-making acumen
* Critical thinking
* Proven track record of effective people management from selection, engagement to retention
* Knowledge of safety and security compliance, procedures and best practices
* Microsoft Office
* ERP- Enterprise Resource Planning Software (Acumatica)
* Supply chain management software
* Route navigation software
* Warehouse environment. May be exposed to fumes, scents, cannabis related smells and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
* Occasional work in office environment.
* Requires travel 25% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not unlawfully discriminate against, make employment decisions, or permit harassment based on perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status, salary history, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities, including but not limited to the Fair Pay Act, FEHA, and all applicable laws and ordinances regarding conviction and arrest history.