We are looking for a lead cultivator to join our Madrone Farms team. We are a fully licensed, compliant and established small cannabis farm in the beautiful hills of Humboldt County, California. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, hardworking, and reliable individual (or couple) to take the lead on our family owned and operated farm.
We grow high quality cannabis, using organic practices. You will be working directly with the farm owner on all aspects of cultivation, harvesting and property maintenance. This is a full-time seasonal, position where you will be expected to live on the farm for the duration of the season (Thru November 2020). Couples are encouraged to apply, if you are part of a couple, please state that in your application.
Applicant(s) will be responsible for all aspects of plant care in our full-term garden. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, tea- preparation, feeding plants, leaf picking, tying up plants, watering, yard maintenance, light carpentry including building walkways garden stairs, spraying rosemary oil and assisting with all aspects of the harvest. Tasks are often repetitive and entail strenuous physical work in all types of weather. Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds unaided and should prepare themselves for 40 hours per week of outdoor labor in the California climate.
In order to grow the best cannabis, it is important for us to maintain a clean and organized cultivation space. Much of your time will be spent maintaining this high standard. Previous cannabis experience is required to be successful in this position, but we will consider someone with past experience and /or a degree in horticulture,organic gardening, agriculture or permaculture. We can teach you what you need to know. The most important thing is that you are willing to learn and approach each workday with energy and excitement.
• Knowledge of how to work with basic power tools is a must. Knowledge of Drills, Weed-whacking equipment, table saw, ect.
• Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor required.
• Must have accountability, proactive behavior, and strong attention to detail.
• Must be trustworthy and hard working
• Must be willing and able to follow the directions of the farm owner to maintain plant health
• Must have a willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
• Must be able to pass a background check with no drug-related or violent felonies as required by the state of California.
• Must be 21+ years old
• Pay is based on Experience
• We are requesting that any employee submit to a Covid-19 Test.
To apply for this position, please include a resume & a cover letter explaining a little bit about yourself and why you would be interested in this position. We will not consider applicants who do not submit cover letters. Please also be prepared to submit 3 references from previous employers, and one personal reference. No phone calls please. We will contact candidates directly regarding next steps if appropriate.
Tagged as: cultivator, family farm, farm assistant, gardener, labor, master grower, organic farm