M&F Talent has a client in commercial hemp production that is looking to onboard an experienced Cultivation Director. The position requires the oversight of a 1,000-acre outdoor hemp farm, including the management of agricultural procedures, irrigation practices, employee teams, and more. Daily updates to management are required to consistently discuss horticultural processes. Experience in commercial agriculture / horticulture and cannabis cultivation is required.
Location: Reno, NV
• Managing a team that handles all aspects of cultivation in a large-scale greenhouse and hoop house grow facility.
• Managing a team that handles all aspects of cultivation in a commercial, outdoor hemp cultivation operation.
• Careful assessment of irrigation practices in relations to environmental constraints.
• Outlining specific roles and responsibilities for plant technicians and work with management to build a team.
• Assisting management in the creation of SOPs, maintaining plant growing protocols, following nutrient regiments, and driving to improve growing techniques and yields.
• Study water sources and soil mixes in developing ideal fertilization programs.
• Working with the Operations Manager to perform all cultivation tracking and record keeping functions within the seed to sale electronic system in compliance with the department’s rules and regulations.
• Managing plant scheduling to accurately project all growing requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to maximize high-quality yield with efficiency and attention to production costs.
• Maintaining irrigation, climate control systems, cleaning, sanitation, in greenhouses.
• Oversee daily operations in hemp fields.
• Design and implement hazard action plans and alert management if there are issues.
• Implementing routine daily activities required to ensure plant maintenance and general operation of the cultivation areas.
• Organize harvest team and schedule harvest activities.
• Work with outside vendors in acquiring proper cultivation and harvest equipment.
• Commercial agriculture / horticulture experience (7 years)
• Commercial cannabis / hemp production (3 years)
• Employee management experience (5 years)
• BA in Agriculture, Horticulture, or similar field
• Operations management mindset as well as a team builder
• Mastery of soil or peat cultivation methods and irrigation methods (hand-water, sub-irrigation, drip systems)
• Knowledge of large-scale commercial plan plant growing, including crop rotation management, nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, and environmental controls
• Knowledge of plant diseases, pests, and nutrient deficiencies and toxicity
• Advanced knowledge of the hemp / cannabis plant and genetics
• Must be adept at industry best-practices and current on new cultivation techniques
• Must be experienced in transplanting, defoliation, topping, irrigating, pest management, harvesting, drying, trimming, waste disposal and inventory management
• At least 21 years of age
• No violent felony convictions (DUI okay)
• Willing to participate in an extensive background check
• Trustworthy and honest
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
• Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
M&F Talent has a client in the cultivation substrates field who is looking for cannabis market specialist in the Western...Apply For This Job