Analytical Lab Manager Position
M&F talent has a client in British Columbia who is looking to onboard an Analytical Lab Manager for cannabis production. The position will lead a talented team of scientists in order to provide professional analytical results to drive business decisions and ultimately the sale of cannabis products.
The Lab Manager is responsible for the timely execution of lab analyses and reporting in support of all biology research trials regarding cannabis. The research support may include method development and innovative solutions for novel analyses required in a rapidly evolving cannabis industry. The Lab Manager will maintain budget, work schedules, training, equipment, safety, methodology and documentation that collectively provide an efficient, service-oriented, reputable analytical laboratory. The Lab Manager interacts frequently with staff, customers and management during the process of research and development efforts.
Location: Penticton, BC
• Provides laboratory information, products, and services by establishing preparation procedures; developing and implementing and performing analytical procedures; evaluating laboratory information; consulting with pathologists; reporting results.
• Maintains laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
• Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustment.
• Maintains quality results by consulting with the team; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
• Maintains laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
• Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
• Maintains laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains laboratory staff results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Ensures laboratory certifications and accreditations.
• Performs other essential tasks, projects, and responsibilities as required.
• Leads all necessary regulatory reporting.
• Operates under the Senior Vice President of Operations.
• Minimum M.S. degree in a relevant field such as analytical chemistry, chemistry, etc.
• 5+ years in an analytical characterization laboratory.
• Strong leadership skills. Able to maintain a highly collaborative environment.
• Strong process management skills.
• Skilled in working with plant biologists and technical experts.
• Skilled in utilizing and a direct contributor to plant/agricultural research.
• Skilled in use of Excel and Database systems.
• Strong working knowledge of analytical techniques – UHPLC/MS, LC, GC, MS, ICP.
• Customer service focused.
• Good Laboratory Practices / Good Manufacturing Practices in relevant industry.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Scientific curiosity and personal drive.
• Multilingual abilities considered an asset.
• Motivational, energetic, forward thinking.
• Outstanding leadership development, organizational awareness, and a commitment to excellence.
• A very high degree of original thinking is required.
Tagged as: analytical lab, cannabis, LAB
MJ Social Equity is a unique program to fast-track qualified applicants into the booming L.A. cannabis industry. Our Offer:Up to...Apply For This Job
Our client, one of the fastest-growing, multi-state, vertically integrated cannabis companies in the U.S., is seeking a Licensing Manager/Regulatory Submissions...Apply For This Job
About Us: Mammoth is the largest cannabis vape distribution company in California. We offer a wide variety of services in...Apply For This Job