M&F Talent is working with a client in the horticultural consumer products field that is looking to onboard an experienced Sales Representative. Our client is internationally established in the hydroponics and horticulture industries with cutting-edge tech solutions for modern horticulture operations.
Our client’s product base includes solutions for PH monitoring, water quality testing, environmental controls, and more. This individual will manage sales territories in Central and Eastern Canada, focusing primarily on cultivation-heavy areas of Ontario.
Location: Ontario, Canada Region (home office + travel)
• Support client channel partnerships to increase revenue.
• Identify, develop, and close sales opportunities.
• Demonstrate the benefits and features of the product line to both partners and growers.
• Provide channel partners with sales and product training.
• Focus and support the sales efforts of channel partners.
• Generate leads and follow-up on inbound marketing leads; determine appropriate sales type including channel partner assignment or direct sale.
• Meet regularly with current grower customers to maximize their value from client, hardware, software, and services.
• Create and present compelling business case-based sales content to prospects.
• Provide management team with annual territory account plan and update quarterly to reflect customer, competitor, market and industry activity.
• Ensure partners’ adherence to client SOPs for sales orders and product returns.
• Continually update CRM system to reflect activity; provide weekly summary reports.
• Prioritize all accounts and activities relative to business potential.
• Request support and management resources as needed to ensure success.
• Exchange market intelligence, account strategies and techniques with team members for continuous performance improvement across the organization.
• B.A. Degree in Business Management, Horticulture, or related field.
• 1 year of technical horticultural sales experience with proven ability to meet sales targets.
• Experience tracking the identification, development and closure of sales opportunities within a CRM system such as Hubspot or Salesforce.
• Stimulated by working remotely with geographically distributed, cross-cultural and cross-functional team members.
• Comfortable with the technology toolset required to work remotely including video calls, collaboration and communication apps.
• Passion for sales engineering to understand grower challenges and correctly specify hardware, software. and services to empower them to achieve business goals.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English and French.
• Ability to convey technical concepts to audiences with widely ranging technical skills.
• Enthusiastic about presenting to both small business operators and large audiences at industry events.
• Able to travel frequently, up to 50% of working hours, primarily within the assigned territory, but also including up to 5x international travel.