M&F Talent has a client in the Ohio medical cannabis industry that is looking to expand their team with a Director of Extraction. Our client currently has a processing permit in the extremely lucrative Ohio market and plans on getting cultivation operations underway in the near future.
Our client looking for an experienced Director of Extraction to help get their cannabis extraction laboratory operation running. The job requires the planning of a new lab, procurement of materials, and staffing of the operation. Similarly, the candidate will be responsible for the development of laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs). Once the operation is functional, the Director of Extraction will maintain oversight of the laboratory.
Location: Columbus, OH
• Consult owners on laboratory layout, planning, and materials.
• Structure laboratory SOPs.
• Take responsibility for commercial production and develop processes to ensure compliance and profitability.
• Ensure quality of product through regular QC oversight.
• Enforce procedures to maintain clean and safe working environment.
• Train staff on best uses of laboratory equipment.
• Ensure that laboratory equipment is maintained for regular usage.
• See that batch production and labeling is up to Ohio State standards.
• Work with local cannabis testing labs to ensure purity of products.
• Conduct experimental batches to develop products for the company.
• Document all relevant data surrounding lab processing and report it to ownership.
• Monitor problems and improvement for lab processes.
• Preparation and update daily, monthly report on experimental activities and results.
• Delegate compliance procedures throughout laboratory and enforce them when necessary.
• Improve processes for enhanced consumer safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing.
• M.A. Degree in Chemistry or similar field
• 3 years of experience in managing a licensed cannabis extraction laboratory
• 3 years of experience with medically infused production, hydrocarbon production, as well as LPG, CO2, alcohol, and solvent-less methods.
• 5 years of work-related experience in consumer product development in a manufacturing environment.
• Expert knowledge of organic extraction processes.
• Expert understanding of seed-to-sale tracking platforms.
• Deep knowledge of process development, process validation, and manufacturing scale-up.
• Able to develop in-process test methods to generate manufacturing insights.
• Experience drafting protocols, reports, and SOPs.
• Excellent communication skills.