M&F Talent is working with a client in environmental control systems who is looking to hire a Sr. Account Executive. The ideal candidate is highly ambitious and able to work independently as they develop business with commercial greenhouse growers and other controlled environment agriculture customers / distributors.
Our client manufactures a line of horticultural tech products, including atmospheric controllers, fertigation systems, and garden management software. They are a respected brand with a solid footprint in both commercial cannabis cultivation and traditional crop production.
Location: Midwestern U.S.
• Increase revenues through customer acquisition, retention, & business expansion.
• Maximize territory sales potential through prospecting and lead generation.
• Develop aggressive sales plan to maximize territory exposure to meet/ exceed objectives
• Present customer solutions and help users find solutions to horticulture industry needs.
• Manage all aspects of the customer experience.
• Increase company visibility and exposure with the top distributors and greenhouse manufacturers in the horticulture / hydroponics space.
• Participate at industry trade shows and events.
• Regularly schedule on-site sales calls and presentations with the sales team members.
• Contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
• Study the CEA marketplace and how the company’s products are applied within both greenhouses and grow rooms.
• BA Degree in Business, Horticulture, or similar (highly preferred).
• 5-7 years of Territory Sales experience.
• 2-3 years of Horticulture / CEA industry sales experience.
• Experience selling technical products (highly preferred).
• Experience developing relationships with distributors and manufacturing companies.
• Expert knowledge of the cultivation technology field.
• Willing to travel (30% of the year).
• Proficient with the MS Office Suite and comfortable using social media.
• Experienced working remotely with group meeting tools (Skype, Zoom, etc.).