Our client is an established greenhouse design-build firm located in the Bay Area. They provide support in the areas of design, equipment selection, and turn-key greenhouse structures.
This company is currently looking for a Jr. Engineer/ Project Engineer. This Engineer (or agricultural specialist) will support the engineering team in the areas of design, analysis, proposals, and technical support for greenhouse clients.
Location: Berkeley, CA
• Consults with greenhouse companies/ clients on the design, layout, and equipment selection with the goal of producing high value crops at maximum productivity in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
• Work with Systems Engineer to create mechanical drawings, construction drawings/ blueprints, and conduct other studies and analyses as it relates to greenhouse/ controlled environment systems and structures.
• Ability to complete fluid dynamic and heat transfer/thermodynamic calculations relating to greenhouse energy balances, pump/fan sizing and general mechanical design.
• Work with internal team and outside vendors to prepare cost estimates, proposal, project schedules, and related documents.
• Proposes innovative solutions and strategizes with team to resolve concerns and conflicts
• Stays current with industry trends by participating in seminars and training events and shares knowledge with team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Biological/Agricultural Engineering from an accredited University (CEA-related curriculum strongly preferred).
• Ability to create 2D drawings and layouts (AutoCAD).
• Experience with CFD modeling tools a plus.
• Able to apply theoretical knowledge to achieve cost-effective, constructible design solutions.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; to express ideas; to share information; and to prepare clear, well-organized correspondence, reports and similar documents.
• Strong desire to learn, while actively applying knowledge base to challenges and problems.