Director of Cultivation; is responsible for strategically and technically managing all aspects of Lifted Investment’s cultivation operations including site designs, set-up, and execution.
Job & Career Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and write cultivation SOPs ensuring compliance with State regulations and company policies.
• Grow to meet state medical license quality requirements.
• Design Cultivation facilities and coordinate with the construction team to ensure project completion.
• Evaluate new technologies and techniques and implement them at cultivation facilities.
• Develop indoor grow facility environmental parameters and program/monitor automated greenhouse control software.
• Hire new Cultivation Managers and train on all aspects of Cultivation.
• Develop production schedules, work schedules, and duties for nursery or greenhouse staff.
• Monitor production results regularly with Operations Managers and driving team accountability for adherence to standards and product yield and quality, and responsible for addressing any deviation Approve crop-inputs and supplies for the Grow Areas.
• Develop custom fertilizer recipes to optimize yield, plant health, and potency.
• Set and implement integrated pest management strategies in compliance with state and company policy.
• Develop proper sanitation protocols of the Growing Area.
• Identify plant varieties to fit facility and market needs.
• Set propagation, germination, and planting schedules for all crops and varieties.
• Coordinate clerical, recordkeeping, inventory, and financial data.
• Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies.
Job & Career Qualifications and Requirements:
• At least 25+ years of age.
• At least 10 years of experience with leadership of a large-scale commercial growing operation in a regulated cannabis program or horticulture operation with similar photoperiod plants
• Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, or Horticulture strongly desired.
• Leadership skills-building teams in a highly collaborative environment.
• Experience in developing advanced/custom fertilizer recipes strongly desired.
• Experience in integrated pest management (IPM).
• Strong process management skills.
• Skilled in working with technical experts.
• Skilled in the use of ERP, Excel, and Database systems.
• Skilled in the use of horticulture automation systems – Argus, Hortimax, or Priva or equivalent.
• Skilled in Metrcs
• Michigan (Detroit Metropolitan Area)
• Full-time with benefits
Tagged as: management