Our client, one of the fastest-growing, multi-state, vertically integrated cannabis companies in the U.S., is seeking a Licensing Manager/Regulatory Submissions Project Manager.
The Licensing Manager reports to the Company’s General Counsel and is responsible for managing the site and facility licensing function across the organization. This includes the development, production and submission of applications for entry to new markets and ensuring timely change management and/or renewals in active markets. This role is responsible for overall project management as well as the operational aspects involved in the preparation and maintenance of state application(s) documentation including formatting assistance, assembly, and archival of paper and electronic submissions and submission components according to state defined requirements and within tight timelines.
This is a full-time direct hire position at the company’s headquarters in Wakefield, MA.
• Project manage and take the lead in drafting submissions for competitive and non-competitive tenders for cannabis licenses, permits and contracts.
• Project manage key license renewals and transfers when regulatory approval requires substantial submissions from the company and its shareholders.
• Liaise with various departments of the company to compile submissions and applications.
• Monitor the announcement of key license and similar tenders across the country and help management decide which tenders to participate in.
• Review and assess specific state codes and regulations as they pertain to application information for obtaining and maintaining licenses to cultivate, manufacture and dispense marijuana and marijuana products.
• Maintain knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, and guidance documents and provide interpretive assistance to cross-functional teams.
• Create a systematic application process for content management.
• Develop working relationships with subject matter experts (SME) to provide input and clarification to application content.
• Draft initial application content for SME review, ensuring consistent messaging and conformance with the requirements and expectations of state authorities.
• Coordinate with Compliance to ensure alignment of content modules to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Coordinate across corporate and with subsidiary organizations to gather required content and documentation (i.e., legal to ensure appropriate corporate structure/documentation; shareholder relations to gather required owner/backer documentation; HR to gather required employee documentation.)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong time and project management skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan and prioritize work and balance multiple projects.
• Strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions and implement recommendations for resolution.
• Ability to utilize scientific/technical information to ensure that documents produced are consistently accurate and complete.
• Self-motivation, ability to take ownership of a given assignment, proactively consulting other project team members or other department representatives for information or guidance, as necessary.
• Proficient in pertinent software and tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area, business, legal
• 3-5 years regulatory, federal grant, and/or legal experience
• Project management experience
• Substantive regulatory or M&A experience
• Superior writing, communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to build relationships with internal and external partners