The Director of Cultivation is responsible for leading our cultivation programs, strategies, and innovations to ensure industry leading production standards and best practices in cannabis growing. This position will lead the work of Agronomists and Plant Health Management, while being a resource to Cultivation Managers to ensure consistent growing methods and crop yields across the Company. The areas of key responsibilities for this role are very broad and thus require thorough knowledge of various horticultural science and management related disciplines, leadership skills and business processes.
· Provides leadership and sets guidelines for establishing goals and metrics for the Company’s cultivation program
· Continually work to improve the operational capabilities and outputs of all growing locations
· Responsible for developing and executing long term production plans and delivers on key production metrics set by the Company
· Collaborates with other departments to effectively execute cultivation programs
· Works closely with department heads on planning and budgeting of cultivation programs
· Ensures all projects are completed on-time and on-budget and communicates with upper management and third-party resources as necessary
· Takes responsibility and initiative in smooth running of all cultivation operations
· Liaises with other departments, including finance, accounting, marketing, HR etc. to ensure Cultivation department goals and needs are met effectively
· Serves as a role model and resource for Cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
· Supports and executes Company’s mission and goals
· Business Acumen
· Communication Proficiency
· Customer/Client Focus
· Organizational Skills
· Problem Solving/Analysis
· Results Driven
· Technical Capacity
· Positive attitude all the time
· This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and work spaces.
· Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 60% of time will be office environment, 30% time will be inspecting various departmental operations and growing facilities, 10% will be in self training and training others and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
Occasional visits to production facilities is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
Must be at least 21 years of age
· Master’s degree in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, Horticulture or related degree, or equivalent experience
· Management experience in production agriculture / business management
· Leadership skills building teams in a highly collaborative environment
· Strong process management skills
· Skilled in working with technical experts
· Skilled in use of Excel and Database systems
· Self-starter, reliable, able to multitask, and a team player
· Detailed oriented, accurate, organized, and analytical
· Strong verbal and electronic communication skill
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position does not approve visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Description: Type of Facility: Extraction Facility Brief Summary of Position: This is a salaried position for a seasoned Lab...Apply For This Job