The ideal Director of Cultivation candidate is an experienced agricultural operations professional that is ready to create a commercial scale cultivation operation from scratch in Missouri. Responsibilities include writing the comprehensive operations plan, design and oversight of facilities build out, all staffing and training, genetics acquisitions, company goal setting, facility maintenance, compliance – complete production. This role will report directly to ownership with shared responsibility for budgeting.
Oversee the creation and implementation of all cultivation operations, plans, policies, and procedures – including propagation, plant care, IPM, health and safety operations, harvest, and post harvest.
Create and implement best practices for plant health and care – paying close attention to different cultivars’ specific needs.
Develop effective natural integrated pest/disease control with STRICT adherence to all state compliance and environmental safety regulations.
Establish system and chain of command to collect, analyze, and maintain data on cultivation operations to aid strategic planning and operational decisions.
Manage the cultivation team responsible for all plants in a controlled environment and greenhouse environments.
Create complete facility compliance plan with periodic internal audits to ensure state and environmental safety regulations are met.
Create and lead training program for all cultivation personnel on plant propagation, plant care, plant harvest, and compliance.
Select, install, and train staff on the operation of the cultivation facility’s automated tools: including grow room temperature controls, lighting, watering systems, and other infrastructure.
Monitor climate equipment and data – repair, adjust, and maintain as necessary to ensure proper functionality.
Develop monthly inspection process to identify maintenance and repair needs.
Create inventory management system and budget for all facility supplies.
Develop comprehensive staffing plan then participate with managers to hire, train, and supervise staff (includes scheduling, oversight, training, and annual performance reviews).
Create and oversee the cultivation budgets and accounts.
Coordinate with Head Grower on expenses and budget balances, forecast future expenses, and create budgets for the cultivation operation.
Test/Sample/Trial equipment to ensure subject matter expertise for future facility and equipment purchase.
Create systems and reporting to ownership for all relevant production information.
Coordinate with ownership, retail, wholesale, extraction, and cultivation management interests with regard to production scheduling
• Bachelors degree in relatable field – agriculture, horticulture, botany, biology, etc
• 3+ years of experience in a regulated cannabis market
• 5+ years of previous commercial/”big ag” experience
• Strong leadership experience managing teams of 30+ members
• Experience managing operations with 5,000+ plants
• Experience creating organic and non-organic IPM programs
• Grow design/build experience
• Experience selecting, installing, and maintaining automated agricultural equipment
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Experience in a newly legal cannabis market (less than a year old)
• Experience with a from scratch cannabis company
• Experience in an agricultural R&D environment
• Experience in an entirely automated facility
• Masters degree or higher
Tagged as: cannabis cultivation, master grower