A North Carolina-based hemp processor seeks qualified candidates to help scale our cold ethanol extraction process from seventy kilograms of flower per shift to five hundred kilograms per shift. Significant experience in CBD isolate manufacturing is required. Currently utilize distillation, HPLC and a host of advanced processing technologies. Their consumer brand offers tinctures, topicals and edibles while their business to business offering includes full spectrum oil, broad spectrum oil, isolate and contract manufacturing. They have extensive in-house testing capabilities and will seek USDA, FDA and other lab certifications.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Be data focused. Accuracy and data recording experience.
· Evaluate existing processes and oversee the implementation of new technology, equipment and processes to improve efficiencies and scale
· Carry out extraction, extract processing, product formulation, filling and manufacturing procedures in an efficient manner that also complies with State Regulations, FDA GMP’s, OSHA regulations, internal SOPS, and all applicable laboratory procedures.
· Comply with all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
· Support new product and process development work with our Process/Product Development team.
· Implement testing procedures; testing sample preparation, sample tracking and accurate record keeping; communicates with testing companies to ensure consistency and accuracy
· Must understand how different qualities of plant material, preparation, and packing procedures effect quality and yield of extractions
· Must understand and be able to implement or use a lot number tracking system
· Maintain appropriate inventory records of spent biomass, per company guidelines
· Must understand and follow guidelines of workplace safety and hazardous chemicals
· Must understand and follow the safety, security, and sanitation requirements in a FDA registered food-grade+ facility
· Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Production Team, Technicians, or Facilities management.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Available to work alternate shifts and overtime.
Qualifications and Experience
· Associate degree or higher in chemistry, biology, agriculture or relevant field preferred
· Prior hands-on laboratory experience in a Cannabis setting as Extraction Technician, Minimum of 2 years experience.
· Experience with extraction principles and techniques
· Physically capable of performing the job duties required
· Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and lift up to 50lbs individually, or 75+ pounds with a buddy, carry product totes, pushing carts, moving equipment
· Must be fitted for and wear protective gear
· Must be able to taste and/or smell
· Proven ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels of the company from apprentice up to management.
· An innovative team player
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Tagged as: ethanol, extraction, hemp
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009. The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of...Apply For This Job
We are looking fur a fun / Hard working / Honest Team member. If you are looking for a work...Apply For This Job