Our client is a fully licensed hemp flower aggregator and processor. This opening is for the farming/extraction part of this company.
The client is a vertically integrated hemp company that grows hemp plants, extracts and processes the plants, makes products from the oil/plant material, and sells those products not only through retail chains, but also through their own chain of retail store.
This position is for a facility that processes raw flower material into an extracted oil material, they do not handle testing of the material, as they do 3rd party testing. An Extraction Technician will be responsible for safely and effectively working with the Extraction Team to convert hemp flower materials into high quality, food safe hemp extract oil in the facility located in Asheboro, NC. They currently use Alcohol and Lipid Extraction- must have knowledge AND experience on these extraction methods, specifically Alcohol Extraction. They utilize distillation, HPLC, titration/dilution as well as a focus on cannabinoid and terpene profiling.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Be data focused. Accuracy and data recording experience.
· Assist with and oversee the implementation of new technology, record-keeping, safety and security guidelines
· Carry out extraction, extract processing, product formulation, filling and manufacturing procedures in an efficient manner that also complies with State Regulations, FDA GMP’s, OSHA regulations, Innovative AgriProducts SOPS, and all applicable laboratory procedures.
· Comply with all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
· Support new product and process development work with our Process/Product Development team.
· Implement testing procedures; testing sample preparation, sample tracking and accurate record keeping; communicates with testing companies to ensure consistency and accuracy
· Must understand how different qualities of plant material, preparation, and packing procedures effect quality and yield of extractions
· Must understand and be able to implement or use a lot number tracking system
· Maintain appropriate inventory records of spent biomass, per company guidelines
· Must understand and follow guidelines of workplace safety and hazardous chemicals
· Must understand and follow the safety, security, and sanitation requirements in a FDA registered food-grade+ facility
· Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Production Team, Technicians, or Facilities management.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Available to work alternate shifts and overtime.
Qualifications and Experience
· Associate degree or higher in chemistry, biology, agriculture or demonstrated field experience preferred
· Prior hands-on laboratory experience
· Experience with extraction principles and techniques
· Physically capable of performing the job duties required
· Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and lift up to 50lbs individually or 75+ pounds with a buddy, carry product totes, pushing carts, moving equipment
· Must be fitted for and wear protective gear
· Must be able to taste and/or smell
· Proven ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels of the company from apprentice up to management.
· An innovative team player
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook