The Propagation & Nursery Manager is responsible for ensuring maintenance of company genetics, creating all clones pursuant to the genetic plans for cultivation being completed by the company, ensuring proper propagation success and vegetative growth prior to be transferred to the company flowering rooms.
The Propagation & Nursery Manager will create cloning plans and schedules, transplant timing, and other requirements to ensure the flowering room plant requirements of the company are being met to satisfy the cultivation needs. The Propagation & Nursery Manager is responsible for ensuring health vegetative plants from maintaining mom health all the way to passing the plants to the flowering portion of the facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Responsible for cloning and rearing clones
· Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of clones
· Responsible for maintaining genetic portfolio of healthy moms
· Responsible for plant health and creating the required number of vegetative plants to be placed in flower.
Plant preparation and care
Responsible for maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the nursery, mother area, and vegetative room.
Handle, mix, and apply integrated pest management in a manner that is compliant with all rules and regulations
Responsible for maintaining the quality of the genetics and clones
Plant tags and other METRC compliance matters for the cultivation portion of the business
Other job duties as assigned
· Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
· Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
· Experience in marijuana growing, cultivating, and trimming preferred
· Must be 21 years of age or older
· Must be able to individually lift up to 50 lbs
· Must be able to work in a cultivation environment with moderate to loud noise level
· Available to work 40+ hours a week
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
· Able to work independently and with others
· Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Organizational astuteness, managing efficient process, process improvement, reporting skills
· Can stand, bend, be on feet for numerous hours at a time
· Must comply with all legal regulations for working in the cannabis industry
· Be a team player – support other groups as necessary