At Flora California, Inc., our mission is to deliver only the highest quality cannabis through our state-of-the-art cultivation campuses and purpose-driven product innovation to promote happier and healthier lives. At the intersection of world-class research and development and consistent exceptional consumer experiences, our vision is to create the most loved and trusted cannabis brands in the world.
Currently in a rapid expansion phase, we are looking for self-driven and motivated individuals with goals aligned with our company’s mission. We strive to provide our employees with a sophisticated and industry-leading work environment, utilizing cutting edge technology resources, gold standard compliance procedures, and seasoned corporate leaders to drive long-term growth and success for all. Our highest priority is the cultivation of our plants, our products, and our people.
Our state-of-the-art facility is in Greenfield in the Salinas Valley in Monterey County, CA. The systems that are the cornerstone of our success are top of the line and are based on optimal efficiency and ease of use for its employees. These systems include rolling tables and automated irrigation systems designed and installed by the industry’s leading agriculture professionals. Along with our high-performance systems and efficiency comes our goal to maximize our footprint using every available square foot available of our nearly 300,000 square foot facility.
The Controller is an operationally focused leader with responsibility and accountability over all direct and indirect financial activities. As the Controller, this individual will manage all Finance/Accounting functions ensuring that accurate and timely information is delivered. This includes overseeing the monthly accounting close, corporate taxes, financial compliance reporting, and create processes and procedures.
· Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting and tax processes
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
· Ensure compliant operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve reporting and company efficiency
· Anticipating and evaluating business needs to make sure that financial organization and systems appropriately support the company’s growth
· Create and manage budgeting tools to analyze budget-to actual/variance reporting, financial planning and analysis, and cost savings analysis
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
· Analyze income statement (volumes, margins, variances, semi-variable costs, fixed costs, SG&A, etc.) and inventory transactions to identify issues, report on performance and drive continuous improvement
· Analyze manufacturing cost variances and ensure proper valuation of inventories
· Oversee chart of accounts as needed
· Experience with establishing standard costing
· Analyze potential mergers and acquisitions
· Manage the IT and Finance/Accounting departments teams by setting expectations and supporting professional development
· Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
· Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of four years relevant experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience from manufacturing, agriculture, or start-up environment preferred.
· Proven experience creating and managing financial reporting procedures required.
· CPA preferred
· Knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), ERP Systems, Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus
This role requires an individual who has strong analytical skills, can work with established standards and guidelines, and who has the ability to make decisions quickly. This individual will have responsibility to ensure quality standards are met within the Finance and Accounting department.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
EEOC Policy Statement Legal compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Agriculture testing lab seeks hands on controller Duties: Data entry: A/P weekly, A/R collections, Deposits Monthly invoices Bank statement reconciliation...Apply For This Job