DTLA Professional Laboratory Technician
Fiberlab, Inc. – Los Angeles, CA
The Professional Laboratory Technician will join a multifaceted team working on multiple projects in the fast-growing Cannabis industry. This position will include extracting, and post-extraction processing utilizing short-path technology and the patented Fiber Reactor (FR) technology utilizing Liquid-Fiber Separation for isolating, purifying, and crystallizing cannabinoids. The successful candidate will have experience in extracting cannabinoids from the plant material and post-extraction feedstock preparation for short path operations. The successful candidate must be confident and proven in their ability to learn and run independently, new or modified laboratory procedures; as well as documenting and reporting their results. The successful applicant will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others in an organized fashion. This position will work closely with and directly under the Fiberlab Laboratory Manager. The successful applicant can also expect to work occasionally with other members of the Fiberlab team, who have expertise in Sales and Marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
• Work experience in a cannabis lab
• Experience with cannabis extraction, separation and HPLC is highly valued
• Desire to learn new techniques and skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong computer skills
• Reliable personal vehicle
• Basic knowledge of hand tools and their usage
• Basic mechanical skills, (install and removal of Swagelok fittings and PFA tubing)
• Commercial production for Cannabis derived distillates.
• Perform and report lab procedures: extraction, post-extraction winterization, and filtration, Pope short-path distillation, patented Fiber Reactor technology operations.
• Assist with product inventory
• Maintain organization and stock supplies in the laboratory
• Troubleshoot and repair minor equipment issues
JOB TYPE: Full-time
• previous lab experience: 2 years
REQUIRED LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
· Candidates must qualify for the requisite licenses required to handle licensed cannabis products.
• Must be able to operate an extraction process, winterization and filtration, solvent recovery systems (roto evaporators) and dual short path process for terpene removal and distillation production, HPLC and analyze data.
· Includes but is not limited to the opportunity for overrides and profit sharing based on production targets.
Tagged as: general laboratory tasks, glass reactors, rotaroy evaporartors, short path distillation
Looking for someone to run our extractor and short path distillation machine. We do about 1,500,000 pounds of flower per...Apply For This Job