We are looking for a Cannabis Retail Manager who will be responsible for the overall management of staff, standard operating procedures, scheduling, inventory, compliance, supplies, and all other tasks that arise in a dynamic retail environment. The Cannabis Retail Manager also works directly with the Executive Manager and other Managers to help develop operational and sales objectives, maximize revenue goals, expand marketing, and ensure sound record keeping. The ideal candidate MUST have substantial Cannabis retail experience managing a dispensary, excellent people skills, and a genuine passion for the cannabis industry and wellbeing of customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provides strategic direction and thought leadership to the retail organization, with a strong understanding of the market and customer needs, as well as anticipating future needs.
– Performs a significant role in defining objectives, strategies and plans, and working with cross-functional executives (operations, inventory/planning, finance, marketing, etc.) to implement those plans.
– Maximizes retail productivity, sales, and profit, while ensuring that standards of service excellence are continuously met and improved upon.
– Identifies trends and opportunities to define changes in process and procedures that drive operations and selling agendas.
– Stays informed and knowledgeable about Cannabis law, and all state and local laws, regulations, and industry news.
– Ensures dispensary and personnel are in compliance with regulations in all operations, processes, inventory management, and protocol.
– Attends cannabis related trade shows, conferences, and seminars to discover new product lines, systems, and methodologies that would ensure Farm Grass Table maintains the best in class practices.
– Responsible for overseeing and ensuring cash management procedures are being followed including, transacting, opening, closing, depositing, reporting, maintaining, and reconciling cash with organizational POS system and all standard operating procedures.
– Develops training and reinforces service, product, operations, and management expectations through training and development of all store team members.
– Proactively collects voice of the customer feedback, and uses feedback to implement new product offerings.
– Ensures a world-class experience exists for our customers.
– Partners with the Executive Manager in reviewing employee performance, fostering employee relations, and administering disciplinary actions when required.
– Collaborates with available resources to review and revise all staff management practices that support a high performing, team-based culture.
– All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelors degree in business-related field preferred
– At least 2 years of experience in Cannabis retail/operations management is required.
– Strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail POS systems, merchandising, customer service, and budget preparation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– All applicants must be at least 21 years of age with no prior felony offenses.
– Must be METRC Certified.
– Must have active MJ Handlers Permit.
– Effective communication; written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
– Ability to work independently and possesses a sense of urgency, is high energy, and applies a hands-on approach.
– Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
– Basic computer and software experience using MS Office products.
– Although the Cannabis Retail Manager role may typically maintain a Full-time schedule, the successful applicant will be willing to work evening and weekend shifts as necessary.
Tagged as: customer service, knowledgeable with cannabis, punctual, reliable, retail experience