501 Crawford St, Houston, TX 77002, USA
Our Site: Green Well
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Come join the premier cultivator, extractor and dispenser of medical-grade low-THC cannabis and associated products in Texas. The Texas Compassionate Use Program opens this year and we hope to be granted one of the first licenses in the state.
Green Well is driven by its core brand values around health and wellness, and we are excited to kick the doors open for patients in Texas in 2017. Green Well will have complete control over the entire life-cycle from seed to sale and we are looking for our Extraction Director to join our growing team to bring low-THC cannabis to the many patients in Texas.
We are seeking a professional and enthusiastic scientist that is both passionate and curious about the cannabis industry. This is an opportunity to be a key member and leader of our growing team. This individual will work in our cultivation and extraction center in Houston, Texas. This position is responsible for the company’s overall extraction setup, staffing, equipment purchasing, processing protocols, strategy, and day-to-day production while supervising a team of extraction technicians. Additionally, this person will help drive the overall direction of low-THC cannabis infused product development, selection and placement into our retail dispensaries.
Green Well intends to be an CO2 and ethanol extractor. The Extraction Director reports to the Chief Operations Officer and works closely with the Cultivation, Operations, Packaging, Sales, and Compliance Departments to implement an efficient, organized, and consistent production program.
• Responsible for the preparation and execution of extraction and processing of product in accordance with the State and local standards
• Lab set up: Floor Plan Layout and Revision, Power requirement loading and planning, Extraction Equipment ordering and power requirement planning collaborations with Post Processing equipment selection, ordering, and power requirement planning
• Develop and document standard operation procedures for extraction and post-processing techniques
• Assist with extraction personnel staffing placement
• Develop extraction department organizational chart, work flow, and step by step process and procedure for training module
• Ensures consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures
• Oversee, direct, and operate all aspects of extraction from product pre-prep, extraction, harvesting, and post-processing
• Organize and oversee all duties required to ensure a clean and safe production facility
• Completes the sanitation of all production equipment and tools including workspace, lab equipment, containers, and processing area
• Assist with the weighing, packaging, labeling and documentation of all products, as well as the tracking of batch numbers, lot numbers and expiration dates
• Ensures the appropriate information is accurate and listed clearly in accordance with the State and standards
• Works with local, State-approved laboratory to send samples for regular testing of extracted product and document all results for compliance with State regulations
• Ability to operate and control all equipment in a laboratory-type environment
• Ability to lead, communicate effectively, and work well with others
• Work towards setting and meeting department goals around efficiencies, yields and cost
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us in your cover letter why you are ready for an opportunity in Texas and why you are best suited to be one of the few extraction leaders in the new legal Texas market.