Job Title: Cultivation Associate
Reports To: Cultivation Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: NA
Provides manual labor to support the activities and operations of the Grow Department, while abiding by policies, procedures and operational guidelines. This position is responsible for assisting with all areas of the Grow operations.
· Plant care and maintenance at every stage of growth, including but not limited to:
o Pesticide application
o Integrated pest management (IPM)
· Facility and room maintenance and cleaning
· Equipment maintenance and cleaning
· Keeping floors of cultivation rooms clear of equipment, supplies, and detritus
· Prompt cleaning of cultivation rooms after each plant harvest
· Immediate removal of diseased or dead plants from cultivation rooms
· Immediate disposal of diseased or dead plants per OMMA regulations.
· Waste recording in Waste Log
· Immediate notification of Cultivation Manager of issues or supply shortages
· Proper cultivation supplies and equipment usage, storage, and organization
· Cleaning and sterilization of cultivation equipment as required
· Visual checks of working order of equipment before use
· Prevention of unauthorized visitor entrance to cultivation operation and rooms
· Beginning of Shift and End of Shift Checklists
· All other job duties as assigned
· Knowledge and adherence to the policies, procedures and goals of Cure
· Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
· Basic math skills.
· Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
· Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directives.
· Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, data base management, spreadsheet applications and electronic mail.
· Ability to work effectively with employees and management.
· Ability to adapt to new methods, compliance updates and techniques for operational improvement.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and other repetitive motions.
The employee is frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, use hands for detailed work.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies, up to 75 pounds (or more with assistance). Strong odors and varying room temperatures will occur on a daily basis.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days will vary due to business needs. Some holidays and overtime maybe required.
Our organization does not discriminate against our employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified disabled employees/applicants.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By signing this job description, I acknowledge that I am able to perform the scope of duties listed with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Tagged as: cultivation, cultivation associate, dry cure, grow, trim