Name of company: Confidential
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Position: Cultivation Specialist
Pay range: $50,000 – $60,000 / year
Start date: Immediate
– Candidate must have an education in Horticulture, Agriculture, Plant Science or related field, plus 5+ years of experience in commercial indoor agriculture and/or agricultural engineering or 5+ years of experience growing cannabis in a large production environment.
– Must be willing to obtain pesticide applicator’s license if necessary.
– Must be willing to undergo a respirator fit test.
– Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
– Must have or be able to obtain a Cannabis Agent Card for cultivation.
– Able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
– Able to periodically bend, reach, and squat.
– Able to physically lift at least 50 lbs.
– Available to work overtime, weekends, and most holidays.
– Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Regulate plant nutrition and fertilizer to ensure that unique nutritional needs are met for each plant variety over the course of changing seasons and periods of plant growth.
– Perform testing and chemical analysis to determine appropriate nutritional regimen for each plant variety.
– Oversee the integrative pest management program including recommending and implementing all (non-pesticide) pest and disease treatments as necessary. Must be knowledgeable of plant diseases, insects and mold, mildew and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
– Ensure proper maintenance of complex greenhouse systems.
– Inventory management.
– Plan all crop schedules by facility, season and variety to optimize yield and quality.
– Implement and adhere to company food safety policies to ensure operations are FSMA and HACCP compliant.
– Adhere to work safety standards in day-to-day operations.
– Daily watering and monitoring of assigned grow rooms and field areas.
– pH and EC testing and application of corrective measures as needed.
– Monitoring rooting progress and safely transfer plants when scheduled.
– Assisting with R&D trials and projects.
– Capable of performing routine equipment maintenance and able to make repairs or notify proper personnel when unable to.
– Knowledge of soil growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation.
– Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation, including light requirements, temperature and humidity control, air flow, etc.
– Ability to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of a large-scale grow warehouse.
– Candidate must also have the following skills:
– Ability to plan ahead, trouble-shoot, anticipate problems, and problem solve.
– Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
– Ability to learn new technologies.
– Communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
– Have excellent communication and organizational skills.
– Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
– Proficient internet skills, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
– Be focused and attentive to detail, with a flexible mentality.
– Be accountable for your time and work product.
– Be comfortable working in summer heat conditions.
– Be hard working, understand and practice good work ethic.
– Be coachable.
– Be positive.