VP of Sales
San Francisco – Bay Area
We are seeking an experienced VP of Sales from the Agriculture Industry
Our client is the leader in the development of biological soil amendments for agriculture. Their products restore the microbes that provide the right food to plant roots, making food more nutrient dense and flavorful, the way nature intended.
What you will do:
• Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
• Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, profits, product mix and other key financial/strategic performance objectives.
• Develop, establish, and direct the execution of sales policies to support overall company objectives.
• Leads sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
• Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects.
• Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the firm.
• Monitor market and competitor activity.
• Improve customer satisfaction by anticipating customer needs.
What you will need to be successful:
• 15+ years’ experience with progressive sales responsibilities in agriculture, landscaping or horticulture product industry in a high-paced, rapid growth environment.
• BS/BA in marketing, business administration or relevant field. MBA or Master’s is a plus.
• Understanding of all business functions and the dependencies for success.
• Experience with hiring and building a great sales team
• Experience working with a CRM or other sales technology
• Successful creation and management of sales program through a distribution network.
base + uncapped commission + equity
To apply, send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about hydroponics? Looking for a company where you will be challenged every day and have an opportunity...Apply For This Job