Our client is a publicly-listed company that focuses on cannabis and hemp-derived cannabinoid consumer products. The organization is in growth-mode and is looking to expand their finance function with the addition of a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the oversight of accounting records and financial statements of Company’s related entities. This position will partner with and report directly to the CFO in the development and execution of the company’s financial plans. The assignment requires an in-depth knowledge of GAAP accounting, full-cycle accounting including A/P, A/R, inventory management, inter-company transactions and eliminations, new lease accounting, month-end & year-end close procedures, audit inquiry, financial statement consolidations and SEC reporting. The ideal candidate will have a solid background as a CPA within a small firm, is organized, works well under processes, is able to take a project and run, and loves working in a high-impact, fast growth and entrepreneurial organization. Experience in manufacturing or creation of goods to understand workflow would be helpful.
Though the Senior Accountant’s primary responsibilities will encompass accounting elements of the organization, including process controls and auditing processes, SEC reporting and managing month-end and year-end close, it will be his/her desire to grow into a financial controller role, ability to roll up the sleeves, work autonomously, and maintain an open/direct communication style that will be distinguishing factors. Interesting value propositions include: working with newly acquired companies and small entities within a startup environment where you are provided the creative ability to structure everything, direct entity leadership, and demonstrate your upside potential for growth and being the go-to-person and trusted liaison of the CFO.
Expectations within the first 90 days:
– You have mastered the balance of asking questions and needing guidance with working autonomously and understand how to independently manage your workflow and the daily core accounting functions (including building processes and determining what info and data is needed from a manufacturing perspective)
– You have built useful dashboards in order to effectively and accurately report data
– You have developed and documented business processes and accounting policies in order to maintain and strengthen internal controls between entities
– Experience preparing GAAP Financial Statements for multiple entities
– Experience working with intercompany transactions and reconciliation in preparation for audit
– Have an impeccable work ethic and ability to take ownership of one’s responsibilities
– Industry experience preferred but not mandatory
Tagged as: accountant, accounting
Agriculture testing lab seeks hands on controller Duties: Data entry: A/P weekly, A/R collections, Deposits Monthly invoices Bank statement reconciliation...Apply For This Job