13 Cannabis Industry Interview Questions You Should Be Ready For
Interviews can be nerve-racking and often leave you unable to present your best self. We get it. We’ve all been there; feeling rushed, overwhelmed and not knowing what question is coming next can throw anyone into a nervous downward spiral. On top of this pressure, cannabis industry interview questions may differ from what other businesses ask during their hiring process.
We understand that you’d like to eliminate the element of surprise as much as possible, so we’re letting you know exactly what cannabis employers at our previous Cannabis Career & Job Fairs have tended to ask. Preparing for and having confident answers to these questions will help you succeed in knocking even the most experienced interviewer off their feet. We’ve reached out to seasoned cannabis industry interviewers for their go-to questions, and here’s the list of most common topics.
Cannabis industry interview questions you should be prepared to answer:
- What experience do you have related to this field?
- Why do you/would you enjoy working in this industry?
- How has cannabis affected your life?
- What attracts you to the cannabis industry?
- What have you done in the past that is relatable to our available position?
- Have you worked in cannabis before?
- Are you familiar with our products?
- What do you think about our competitors and their products?
- Why are you looking for a job? Why are you leaving your current position?
- What unique experience separates you from other candidates?
- Tell me about your strengths. And your weaknesses?
- If we talked to a previous boss what would they say you excelled in? And what about improvements?
- What motivates you? How do you motivate others?
Courtesy of Bloom Farms