One of the major reasons that legalization of cannabis has been so good for the economy is the increase in jobs. Marijuana industry jobs are growing by leaps and bounds. Here are some of the best ways to get your foot in the door of the cannabis industry.
- According to CNBC , dispensary owner is one of the best professions in the cannabis industry. Store owners can make up to $100,000 a year, but they need to stay up-to-date on laws and products to stay in business and be successful. Medical dispensaries and recreational ones are both very lucrative.
- CNBC also lists edibles chef as an extremely rewarding career. Chefs, such as Marijuana Recipies.com own contributor Chef Curry with the Pot, Payton Curry, can make upwards of $50,000-$100,000 a year. Edible chefs must be exact when it comes to measuring out medical marijuana doses, and they also need to be great cooks! Check out some of Paytons video here.
- Another good opportunity in legal states is sales representative for the marijuana industry. Marijuana dispensaries always need products, so selling edibles or concentrates to businesses can be a very good way to earn a living. Representatives can make a commission on their sales that, according to CNBC, can keep them quite comfortable.
- According to Monster , high-level concentrate making and gardening jobs are also a great way to make a good living. These gigs can pay up to $50,000- $90,000 a year.
- Monster also explains that being a bud trimmer can be a good way to break into the cannabis industry. Employees can make $12-$15 per hour (above minimum wage), and these jobs can lead to higher-paying positions in grows. The same can be said for budtenders who want to move up and work in dispensary management positions.
These are all great ways to earn a living in the marijuana industry. Stay tuned to 420 Careers for more advice and tips about the latest cannabis gigs.