Director of Operations-Cannabis
Our Site: Cannabis in Mendocino
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are a licensed and permitted cannabis company poised for explosive growth and we’re seeking an experienced Director of Operations!
The Director of Operations will be accountable for overseeing and integrating our operations across Cultivation, Processing, Distribution, and Sales. This role provides both high-level strategy and day-to-day operational leadership by overseeing the managers of each business unit, improving operational efficiencies, and working with leadership on quarterly and annual plans and goals.
This position will work closely with our Director of Finance and executive team on forecasting, P&L management, implementing operational processes, ensuring compliance with regulations, and streamlining inventory management.
This role requires strategic experience driving operational efficiencies, launching products and driving growth in key markets, and new market expansion. Experience preferred across operations, manufacturing, sales, supply chain logistics, distribution, and retail. You must have a proven track record of success in launching, scaling, and optimizing new products or businesses. We’re looking for energetic, tireless team players who are ready to roll their sleeves up and get hands-on in this industry and know how to run through walls to make the impossible happen. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing cannabis companies and have a direct impact on taking it to new heights.
What You’ll Do:
1. Integrate operations across key business units: nursery, cultivation, processing, distribution, and sales. Identify and solve operational inefficiencies and opportunities. Streamline business processes and procedures; improve overall workflow.
2. Supply chain management. Responsible for the performance of an efficient and reliable supply chain from seed to sale. High-level management and forecasting of cultivation, processing/production planning and COGS.
3. Maintain a strong focus on improvement of quality, scale, and efficiency of operations. Source and implement equipment and technology solutions to improve operational efficiency and data analysis.
4. Develop KPIs across the organization to empower decision-making to ensure operations are operating efficiently.
5. Optimize inventory management and distribution/fulfillment methods and transport routes to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
6. Design and implement growth plans and product roadmap with executive team. Identify and build plans for key market opportunities.
7. Work with sales team to establish targets and reporting, share best practices, and implement incentive programs.
8. Establish operational policies that promote company vision.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
• Strong leadership track record with 10+ years of experience across operations, manufacturing, distribution, supply chain operations, finance, and sales.
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities. Successful history of building high-performing distributed teams of various experience levels.
• Willing to navigate between high-level strategy and operational execution – must be willing to roll up your sleeves and get in the weeds.
• Extensive project management and implementation skills. Sharp analytical skills and experience defining and reporting on performance metrics and process improvement. Ability to directly perform data analysis in order to create operational recommendations.
• Experience with an ERP system.
• Ability to navigate changing priorities with minimal information and use good judgment in stressful situations.
• Flexibility, adaptability, and a relentlessly positive attitude.
• Experience working within strict regulations and compliance preferred.
• Experience with field sales team leadership and incentives preferred.
• Experience working in both small and large companies preferred.
• Ability to travel frequently between Northern California and Southern California.
How to Apply
Respond via email with cover letter and current resume detailing specific cannabis experience