Director of Cultivation
3900 12 St NE, Calgary, AB T2E 8H9, Canada
Our Site: Terra Life Sciences
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Director of Cultivation is primarily responsible for making decisions about all aspects of cultivation including hiring workers, fertilizer and supply acquisition, and correct propagation, vegetation and distribution of all flower and managing the overall cultivation environment. This individual will have oversight of all Cultivation Agents and Managers, ensuring that the facility is safe and compliant with all provincial, federal and local policies and laws. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining all Terra Life Sciences policies and standards within the cultivation operations. The Director of Cultivation will improve operations using new developments in the field of cannabis cultivation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
– Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, botany, business management or related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience in sustaining and managing legal large-scale cannabis cultivation operations strictly required. Preference will be given to those with a Masters or PhD in Horticulture or Agricultural.
– 5-10 years cultivation process and personnel management experience. Excellent mathematical, language, reasoning and communication skills.
– Must have previous experience with regulated inventory tracking systems.
– Must have high level of ACMPR regulations and become and remain current in knowledge of all local and provincial and federal laws and regulations relating to cannabis.
CORE JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
– Collaborates and communicates closely with other upper level management. Follows established policies and procedures and contributes to the development of new concepts, policies, and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks.
– Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment and ability to make decisions as necessary.
– Experience with inventory control software.
– Ability to discern the quality of plant material and finished products.
– Manage the cultivation process including cloning, transplanting, plant maintenance, pest management, destruction and product inventory management.
– Establish, understand, and follow all department SOPs and related forms to GMP
Standards, including maintaining safe work conditions and practices throughout the cultivation area.
– Assure all cultivation procedures are executed properly and efficiently.
– Collect and review data to optimize yields for each strain and work collaboratively with the Research and Development team to continue improvements
– Develop strain specific programs and advance the knowledge of cannabis plant properties and genetics for strain production within the cultivation team
– Responsible for production and scheduling of all manufacturing duties, including planning from all stages and aspects of growth.
– Maintain Terra Life Sciences’ cultivation facility procedures.
– Assess requested needs for the facility such as machinery, equipment and supplies.
– Maintain up-to-date information of all steps and procedures of the cultivation process, and address any issues which may arise.
– Schedule all cultivation duties for all stages and aspects of growth.
– Direct and coordinate all cultivation staff activities including, planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll and record keeping.
– Ensure all new employees and managers are trained in proper and preferred plant care techniques.
– Promote and develop employee and manager relations.
– Maintain plant counts and tracking information for inventory.
– Record information, such as production and cultivation management practices to better prepare reports for executives, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies.
– Ensure all weighing and recording of data is accurate.
– Maintains and oversees the Enterprise Resource System for cultivation.
– Maintain and record all facility logs
– Coordinate growing activities with other departments such as Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing and Research & Development to ensure inventory needs are met at all times.
– All other job duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please email Miriam Mitchell-Banks at miriam@TerraLifeSciences.com.